To enable those who would like to access support during this difficult time, I am currently offering sessions via WhatsApp Video.
If you are feeling overwhelmed by everything that’s going on at the moment here are a few tips for you to try:
- Lessen the exposure to virus reports. Only watch the news headlines for an update on Government Guidelines then switch channels.
- Unfollow friends or delete social media pages who constantly mention the virus. Instead follow light-hearted posts.
- Keep the movies/programs you watch, and the music you listen to, upbeat or calming.
- Write a list of what brings you joy – that is accessible to you at this time. Reflect on this list when you are feeling lost or low and see what is on there that you can do.
- If you have a garden or outside space, spend as much time in it as possible. Finding a way to be in nature is very uplifting.
- Stay connected to the people in your life who matter the most to you.
- Don’t think about the length of time this may go on for, just take one day at a time.
- When supporting friends and family, remember that your own well-being needs to remain a high priority.
- If you are a parent and home schooling, don’t worry about being a super educator as that is not what is being expected of you at this time. Just cover the basics and recognise your own achievements.
A reduced fee is currently available for Key Workers, please enquire for details.